Glass production became widespread in the eighteenth century. The Czech Republic was the peak of the development of this craft.
The secrets of craftsmanship began to be passed from one family to another, and the produced product could be seen as the main decorations of various palaces, including royals.
Bohemian crystal is the result of the addition of Pb to raw materials, thus creating something new and perfect.
There are many factories successfully operating in this direction. One of them is Bohemia Crystal — it is the most famous brand in the world market, producing various products from such a unique material that is in high demand.
The main types and their advantages
Before choosing from the currently available assortment in the online store and buying flower vases on the site https://aleks-crystal.com/vases-for-flowers/, it is important to learn more about this originally executed glass, its varieties, as well as the physical properties that made it so popular. Czech products today are divided into:
- glass — in the composition, as a rule, no more than four percent of lead oxide is observed, which is the main difference from the next option;
- crystal — it is characterized by excellent reflective and sun-refracting characteristics that give it a presentable appearance, as well as the ability to attract the attention of potential buyers.
Such fragile, at first glance, interior items can be made in three ways to choose from: stretching by hand, using a special press, and also by blowing, which is considered the most common.
In terms of form, the classification is as follows:
- outdoor type — they have sufficient impressive dimensions and heavy weight;
- classic models — in most modern versions they are characterized by a stable base expanding upward;
- the so-called «jardinieres» — have a wide leg, but unlike the previous variety, they are endowed with more modest parameters, and the support can be made in the form of a circle or square;
- antiques — they are endowed with such features as pretentiousness, sophistication, the obligatory presence of gilded small details on them, of which there are a huge number;
- design variations — in this case, the format of the finished product entirely depends on the creative impulse and flight of the master’s imagination.
How to care for
In order for the purchased product to serve for a long time and retain its original attractive appearance, it is important to know the basic rules and recommendations regarding care:
- washing is carried out exclusively in some convenient and preferably deepened container, for example, in a basin, but not on the hands;
- it is strictly forbidden to use any products containing abrasive particles of various sizes;
- if the coating is made of gilding, then this place should not be subjected to constant friction, otherwise not a trace will remain of the layer.