On July 9, 2021, the international community closely watched Uzbekistan, where presidential elections took place. They were quite an important stage for the further development of this state.
It is known that the result of the elections determined who will lead Uzbekistan in the coming years. Shavkat Mirziyoyev, the original president, took the oath of office as the newly elected president, opening the way for new prospects and opportunities.
Key points of activity
Shavkat mirziyoyev was elected president of Uzbekistan in 2016 after the death of Islam Karimov. During his presidency, Mirziyoyev carried out a number of important reforms that attracted the attention of the international community.
There are some important aspects to note here:
- Changes have been made in the economic, political and social spheres, and the conditions for business and investment have been improved.
- Largely thanks to these reforms, Uzbekistan received recognition and support from international partners.
- The 2021 presidential elections have become an important stage for Uzbekistan. President shavkat mirziyoyev decided to become a candidate for a second term, proposing his vision of the country’s development for the next few years.
- In the elections on July 9, Mirziyoyev won with an overwhelming majority of votes, which confirms the trust and support of the population.
Regarding the future of Uzbekistan, Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev outlined the following goals:
- In his oath, he emphasized his desire for further modernization and development of Uzbekistan.
- He promised to continue carrying out the necessary reforms aimed at improving the economy, improving the living conditions of citizens and strengthening statehood.
- Mirziyoyev also emphasized the importance of developing democratic institutions and ensuring human rights.
- Presidential elections and taking the oath of office are important events for any country. In the case of Uzbekistan, this became an indicator of further development and continuation of the initiated reforms.
- It is important to note that during the elections there were observers from international organizations, which indicates the transparency and openness of the process.
The taking of the oath of office by Shavkat Mirziyoyev and his assumption of office as the newly elected president open up new prospects and challenges for Uzbekistan. The bright history of reforms and changes that the country has lived through in recent years testifies to Uzbekistan’s readiness to actively participate in global processes and achieve high results.